Wed, 27 Sept|
Circular Value Program Info Session #1
Supporting value+ food and bev startups, developing products and solutions with circular methodologies as part of their value chain.
Time & Location
27 Sept, 4:00 pm – 5:00 pm AEST
About the event
Australia is on track to reach landfill capacity by 2025 and wastes 7.6 million tonnes of food each year. This is equivalent to 312 kg per person, or around one in five bags of groceries.
Food waste costs the Australian economy an estimated $36.6 billion each year. This includes the cost of lost production, lost sales, and the cost of disposal.
We’re searching for value+ food & beverage startups that are developing innovative products and solutions that will make a positive contribution to the sustainability and circular economy credentials within their value chains.
Examples of circular initiatives across the food and bev supply chain:
- Working with farmers, suppliers and distributors who also prioritise upcycling and recycling. e.g. Farmers using sustainable practices, such as crop rotation and cover cropping, to reduce soil erosion and improve soil health. Supplier using renewable energy sources, such as solar and wind power, to reduce their environmental impact.
- RAW MATERIALS - Upcycled or ingredients that would otherwise have been discarded.eg: Spent grains from breweries for making bread.
- MANUFACTURING - Utilising byproducts from the manufacturing process that can be up-cycled into new products or remanufacturing. Which is the process of restoring used products to a new condition. e.g. food processing equipment that is remanufactured to extend its lifespan.
- PACKAGING - Recycled or biodegradable materials for packaging and/or packaging that customers can repurpose or reuse.
- DISTRIBUTION - Recycled or biodegradable materials for packaging and/or packaging that customers can repurpose or reuse. Food that can be transported more efficiently by using less packaging and by using modes of transportation that produce fewer emissions.
- RETAIL - Inclusion of return or refill program for glass or durable plastic containers.
Join us for an online info session to find out more about how the program works, chat to us about your business, startup or idea, and learn how we will help support you to scale your business!
This program is open to individuals and businesses located in regional New South Wales (anywhere outside of Sydney City) and is valued at $25,000.
This project is funded through the NSW Government’s Accelerating Regional Innovation Fund.
Read more about the Circular Value program here: https://www.farmers2founders.com/regional-innovation-nsw/circular-value